Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 14

Scary Simulated Baldness
(Just in time for Halloween)
So the Triangle Autism 5k is behind me. Thank you so much to all who donated. The total for the Triangle Autism 5k was reportedly over $330,000, with donations still rolling in!

For me though, the LUNGe Forward 5k is still to come. And that means there is still time to make me bald!

Remember, if donations to my page exceed $500, I will shave my head. (And possibly be mistaken for an escaped convict. I'm open to tattoo suggestions...) Double that, and I'll shave the facial hair off too.

[NOTE TO SELF: What was I thinking??]

But here I am asking you to donate, when this is supposed to be about the good thing *I* did today. And actually it's not really fair for me to ask people to give me money just for walking (or running) if I'm not willing to do the same for somebody else.

So today I donated to a friend of a friend's walk, benefiting the Down Syndrome Network of Greater Greensboro. If you feel like spreading the love too, you can help them out here.


P.S. - Thanks to everyone who has been following along. We've already exceeded the number of page views from last year's project, and we're only two weeks in! Hopefully this means more people are being inspired to be nice to each other out there.

3 comments:

  1. Wait... are you saying that bald = escaped convict? Or bald Edson = escaped convict. Maybe I should re-think my hair style choice (which are limited to being with) and go for the Larry David Side Fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Matt I think it's just me... But I'm tempted to say otherwise just to encourage you to grow out that Larry David Side Fringe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister in law asked me yesterday if I knew you! You are a gem Edson Freeman! I was so excited to tell her YES!!! Bless you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete